Here at Goodman Orthodontics, we’re proud to be your choice for a Manhattan and Riverdale, New York orthodontist. One of the reasons why we’re such a trusted provider of New York orthodontics is because of the professional and safe treatment that you’re guaranteed of getting. While we strive to provide an unparalleled experience for those who are visiting the orthodontist, what if we told you that there was actually a way to get a similar treatment without having to visit an orthodontist at all? With Smile Direct Club, you can receive aligners through the mail and you won’t even have to leave your own home! We’d like to take the time to tell you a little more about it.
How Smile Direct Club Works
Smile Direct Club follows a simple process along these steps:
- First, they need to make a 3D image of your teeth to see their alignment. This can be done in one of two ways. The first option is visiting a SmileShop where you’ll have a scan taken of your smile. The other way is by using an at-home impression kit to create a model of your teeth and then deliver it to Smile Direct Club.
- Whichever way you choose, a dental professional will review your smile and then determine if you can be treated through Smile Direct Club.
- If you’re deemed to be a candidate for Smile Direct Club, a treatment plan will be created that lasts about six months on average.
- After the treatment plan is crafted, the aligners will be sent to you through the mail. You’ll wear these aligners in the same way that you’d wear our Riverdale and Manhattan Invisalign treatment’s aligners.
- When you’re finished with the treatment, you can purchase a set of retainers that will help you maintain the new alignment of your teeth.
Is Smile Direct Club for You?
Truthfully, few orthodontists endorse Smile Direct Club (and any similar models). This is because they understand the value of having an orthodontist by a patient’s side to assist in the treatment every step of the way. While it’s very convenient to just receive your treatment and not have to visit an orthodontic office, a preplanned treatment has no way of remedying complex orthodontic problems or the side effects that may occur.
However, as your Manhattan orthodontist and provider of New York orthodontics, Dr. Adam Goodman sees some value in this orthodontic plan. It really does provide a great benefit to those patients who don’t have access to an orthodontist – and even those who just can’t afford a traditional orthodontic treatment. It can provide a serviceable option when visiting a regular orthodontist isn’t a real possibility. As to if the procedure works well – there are actually some specific malocclusions that can be easily and predictably treated without the need for constant planning and monitoring from an orthodontist. These certain instances can allow the hands-off approach of Smile Direct Club to work.
With that being said, a high percentage of orthodontic cases require a refinement of results and management of side effects that may occur throughout treatment. This can only be done through direct patient care in a traditional office setting. While Smile Direct Club may have its merits, we always recommend that you consider our Riverdale and Manhattan Invisalign treatment first so that you’ll have a professional orthodontist by your side every step of the way.
Visit Your Manhattan and Riverdale, New York Orthodontist!
If you’d like to schedule an appointment for our Riverdale and Manhattan Invisalign, please feel free to give us a call at one of our two convenient locations. Our Manhattan office phone number is (212) 688-4663 and our Riverdale office phone number is (718) 543-4300. Contact us if you have any questions or comments. We hope to see you soon and provide you with a professional and effective orthodontic treatment!